Rural Access Center Case Manager
Date Posted: 12/10/2018
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Position Description: This position will provide a range of critical functions necessary to produce systemic impacts on the mental health service delivery system in Benton County, Iowa. The primary outcomes this position will be responsible for are to assist in the reduction of hospital commitments countywide each year and to help reduce the number of mentally ill citizens encountering the criminal justice system. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work collaboratively with a variety of providers, be able to prioritize tasks effectively, and to work autonomously in a wide range of challenging situations. A successful candidate for this position will serve as a point of contact for mentally ill people in the county jail as well as providing critical coordination at the Rural Access Center for all citizens seeking mental health help. This position will be part of the Benton County Sheriff’s office and will report directly to the Sheriff or Sheriff’s designee.
Job Duties: The following job duties are illustrative of the expected functions for this position and are not intended to be exhaustive.
· Assess jail inmates for possible mental illness and provide follow up case management upon release from jail.
· Make referrals as appropriate to community providers and programs, including coordination with the jail diversion program.
· Coordinate services at Rural Access Center, including serving as liaison with multiple community providers to ensure timely appropriate intervention for individuals with urgent mental health needs.
· Complete funding and other time sensitive paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
· Work intensively with wide range of clients to accurately identify needs and provide therapeutic options to promote recovery.
· Collaborate to develop outcomes measurements to illustrate impact of work.
· Efficiently and accurately record programmatic data for outcomes measurements.
· Make presentations to all relevant stakeholders including but not limited to: Benton County treatment providers, physicians, psychiatrists, criminal justice personnel, judges, Board of Supervisors, East Central Region, clergy, local business people, and administrators from a variety of local agencies.
· Ability to transport clients to important appointments when necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following Skills and Abilities:
· Above Average Organizational Skills
· Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders including but not limited to law enforcement, mental health providers, local business owners, and other community leaders.
· Ability to problem solve independently and remain solution focused when faced with challenging problems.
· Ability to work effectively and safely with a wide range of criminal justice involved individuals
· Ability to successfully complete required trainings including but not limited to ASSIST, CIT, and Mental Health First Aid.
· Ability to be trained as a facilitator of mission critical trainings when asked.
· Ability to systemically measure outcomes and be able to readily share results on short notice with wide range of stakeholders.
· Prior knowledge of and skill utilizing Motivational Interviewing.
· Above average Knowledge of Criminal Justice and Mental Health Service Delivery Systems.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Proficient typing skills consistent with at least 60 accurately typed words per minute.
Minimum Qualifications: To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the minimum qualifications:
· Valid Drivers License and ability to be insured under department policy.
· High School Diploma and at least 5 years of related work experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, social work, psychology, or other closely related field and at least 3 years related work experience.
· Ability to successfully pass all required background checks.
FOR REQUIRED APPLICATION CLICK LINK BELOW (Please DO NOT use online application under this section)
For Sheriff's Office Application Click this link