Fri, Jan 24, 2020
Benton County Iowa


Permits can be submitted to the Benton County Secondary Roads Department via the following methods:

1.  Fax (Preferred): (319) 472-2737


3.  Mail: Benton County Secondary Roads Department

               1707 West 1st Street, Vinton, IA 52349

Iowa Department of Transportation Annual Oversize Permit:

  • Valid for 12 months, Unlimited Trips
  • 80,000 Pounds Gross Maximum, 20,000 Pounds Per Axle Maximum
  • Valid on all state and interstate highways
  • Annual Oversize Permit Application

Iowa Department of Transportation Trip Permit:

Permit for Tile Crossing of Secondary Roads System:

Benton County Work in the Right-of-Way Permit:

Utility Permit:

**Benton County is not issuing Annual Oversize/Overweight Permits. If there are any questions about this please feel free to contact the office at 319-472-2211.