Wed, Feb 20, 2019
Benton County Iowa

Section Navigation

Representative Payee Services

  • Benton County Social Services provides representative payee services to individuals who have been determined by Social Security to need assistance in managing their benefit checks and are required to have a payee.
  • An administrative fee is charged unless the beneficiary is living in a care facility or assisted living.
  • The payee sees that rent, utilities, and other bills are paid. 
  • The payee also budgets for the client’s personal spending money.