Tue, Jan 28, 2020
Benton County Iowa

Section Navigation

General Assistance

General Assistance is emergency assistance for low income and indigent residents of Benton County.


  • Applicants must meet financial guidelines established by the Benton County Board of Supervisors and have applied for all other means of assistance.
  • Proof of income for all household members.
  • Must be living in Benton County 30 days prior to application.


  • Rent
    Do not pay deposits or first month's rent
    Must have current lease signed by tenant and landlord
  • Utilities
    Do not pay deposits
    Must be in applicant's name
  • Burial/Cremation

Download General Assistance application here.
Download Burial/Cremation application here.


For any questions please contact: Sarah Wagner at (319) 472-4743.
Located at the Benton County Service Center, 811 D Ave Ste 33, Vinton, IA 52349

Websites to use to apply for affordable healthcare coverage or 1-800-318-2596
(includes Iowa Health and Wellness Plan and insurance exchange options) 
(this is a DHS web portal & is only for Iowa Health and Wellness Plan and Marketplace Choice options)