Seasonal Spray Truck Driver
Date Posted: 2/20/2018
Department: Secondary Roads
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Deadline: March 22nd, 2018
Wage: $15.45 / hour
Reports To: Roadside Manager
The Benton County Secondary Roads Department is seeking qualified individuals to fill Seasonal Spray Truck Driver positions located in Vinton, IA. The application for this position can be found at the link below.
Secondary Roads Department Application
The Seasonal Spray Truck Driver works with Benton County Secondary Roads staff in maintaining the county secondary road system. The primary responsibilities of the Seasonal Spray Truck Driver include driving Benton County spray trucks, hauling materials with dump trucks and cutting brush.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains spray trucks and single or tandem axle dump trucks.
- Performs maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to, inspections, cleaning and routine and preventative care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate heavy machines/equipment including, but not limited to, dump trucks and end loaders.
- Ability to operate and maintain chainsaws.
- Ability to drive manual transmission.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform manual labor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Education and/or Experience:
- Possess and maintain a Class B Commercial Drivers Licence (CDL) with air brake and tanker endorsement. This position is also subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
2. Language Skills:
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; climb, stoop, push, pull, list and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to lift and/or move objects.
The visual requirement of this job is similar to those classified as mobile equipment operators. This is a minimum standard for use with those who operate cars, trucks, forklifts, cranes and high lift equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This worker is subject to both internal and external environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold. The worker is subject to conditions such as vibration, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gasses or poor ventilation.
Completed Job Applications Can be Submitted as Follows:
Deadline: March 22nd, 2018
Emailed To: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Mailed To or Dropped Off At: 1707 West 1st Street, Vinton, IA 52349
Faxed: (319) 472-2737