Benton County - Veterans Affairs
Mary Lee Summy, Chairman (Air Force)
Monica Becker, Secretary (Army)
Michael Silhanek (Army)
Benton County Veterans Affairs assists Veterans and their dependents:
- Obtaining VA Medical Care - Health care and medications.
- Compensation - Monthly benefit for injury incurred or aggravated by service (No time limit).
- Pension - Income based financial assistance programs for veterans.
- Applying to the Iowa Veterans Home and nursing home care.
- Military Records - obtaining and upgrading.
- Burial Benefits and Grave Markers.
- Educational Benefits.
- Home Loan Benefits.
- Maintain Grave Registrations for all persons who served in the military of the United States whose mortal remains rest in Benton County, Iowa
- Emergency Assistance.
For Additional Information please refer to the National Veterans Affairs website: