The food pantry dispenses food to Benton County residents who are experiencing an emergency need for food.
Vinton Food Pantry- Hours: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm Tuesdays and Fridays
- Benton County Social Services screens applicants for the Vinton Food Pantry
- A referral form is completed at the Benton County Social Services office to determine eligibility and the on-call volunteer is contacted to assist the client.
- The Benton County Food Pantry Board has established rules for food pantry use.
- The Vinton food pantry serves Benton County residents living north of the E44 blacktop.
- Contact Benton County Social Services at 319-472-4743
Belle Plaine Food Pantry - Hours: 1:30 pm – 4 pm on Tuesdays
- The Belle Plaine Food Pantry serves the southern portion of Benton County.
- The Belle Plaine Food Pantry is located across the street from Belle Plaine City Hall.
- No DHS referral required.
- Contact Phyllis Kurriger at 319-981-1143